Stevia is fast replacing sugar and the sweetener that is becoming popular. There are a lot of packaged stevia for sale in the stores today. However we recommend that you make your own pure and liquid stevia from the stevia leaves.
- Dried stevia leaves
- 1 cup of hot filtered water
- ¼ cup of pure grounded stevia (this is needed to make liquid stevia)
- Grind the stevia leaves in a food processor or better yet a coffee grinder to make pure stevia. Make enough for a cup or more if you prefer. Store the grounded stevia in an air-tight jar, ready for use.
- Note – To cook with stevia simply replace every 1 cup of sugar with 3 to 4 teaspoons of stevia.
- To make liquid stevia, dissolve ¼ cup of the stevia powder with 1 cup of hot filtered water. Stir well and leave out to cool at room temperature for a day. After a day strain the stevia out of the liquid and store the liquid stevia in the refrigerator
That is it! The taste is amazing with the calories and it’s good for your health. The Tropical Spice Garden Gift Shop sells top grade stevia leaves in 40gms and 110gms packages, ready for use.